Decorated with a special flower in the corner, these purple pretties are sure to win hearts.
- Location: Arizona
- Pattern: Free pattern! – Includes several joins and borders! Pastel palette DIY yarn kit available!
- Materials: Mostly Hobby Lobby “I love this yarn” – The purple background is Bernat “Big Ball Baby Softee”, and I have mixed in some New Fashion DK as well – yarn held double for extra thick blankets – Size 10mm hook
- Dimensions: 58×58″
- Construction: 17″ squares with a lacy join and bold Meringue border – love!
- Similar Pieces: Textured Circles
- Design Inspiration: Reboot of my original purple palette – the first palette I ever used for this design!
- Shop this Piece: Etsy!
I love all the circley odd bits and bobbles of color when you start this pattern. It’s such a versatile pattern!
Here is my original piece from January 2013 – all purples, wines/pinks, and greys. This time around, I did a much more dramatic lace join and border.
Three sample squares from different palettes – including a beautiful solid version for some inspiration! So stately!
Loving this color combo. I added the flower from the Babouska Rose blanket and basically just looped 16 chain loops around the back of the final round of petals. then I just started from the next round of the Textured Circles pattern. I love how this came out, and I’ve already experimented with a J hook and one strand DK yarn and it is absolutely gorgeous. I’ll post that experiment soon! 🙂
Two beauties basking in the sun. Just Kidding! It was raining – but I do love rainy weather! Nothing beats overcast to sit in and crochet.
And a final shot with the dramatic border. Love!