Decorate your favorite comfiest couch with this lovely and bright piece – perfect for snuggling!
- Location: Wisconsin
- Pattern: Geometric Lace
- Materials: Hobby Lobby “I love this yarn” and Red Heart Super Saver (I buy from knitting-warehouse.com for a softer product!)
- Construction: Hexagons joined as you go, squared off with a neutral “linen” color lace border
- Similar Pieces: See the main page
- Design Inspiration: Custom color request – Orange and aqua as the main featured colors – red, gold, and black as secondary 🙂
- Shop this piece: Purdy hexagons and lace at Etsy
Pretty pile of hexagons that are soon to be a blanket up above, and a jigsaw blanket in progress down below haha! I must remember to take more progress pics…
Definitely my favorite lace and scallop edging here. I love the dainty picot scallop on the long sides and the bold, larger ones on the short sides. At one point, maybe 3-4 Geometric Laces ago, I considered doing a couple of them without those little border-color half hexies, but I decided that I like the wagon wheel lace insert. I do believe it adds a vintage, shabby look to the piece.
I would describe this color arrangement as orange and aqua reaching out to each other across the diagonal, while red, green, gold, and purple facilitate blending – featuring a black/grey/white fade across the opposite diagonal. I tried hard not to make this scream “rainbow” as it does include all of the rainbow colors. Overall, I love it! 🙂