Gorgeous, warm and earthy tones heal the soul when you wrap yourself in this stunning piece.
- Location: Texas
- Pattern: Geometric Lace
- Materials: Hobby Lobby “I love this yarn” and Red Heart Super Saver (I buy from knitting-warehouse.com for a softer product!)
- Construction: Hexagons joined as you go, squared off with a dainty lace border
- Similar Pieces: See the main page
- Design Inspiration: Custom color request – Blue, Brown, Aqua – this may be my favorite combo yet!
- Shop this piece: Purdy hexagons and lace at Etsy
Choosing colors for this piece was not that difficult as I simply collected all of my blue and brown shades, dark to light. It was when I started to think about the placement that I started to really plan. Normally, I do not have a “plan” per se, rather I just picture a color in each corner, then go as the colors move me to blend. With these colors, I saw potential for a beautiful flow of movement if I used the cream colors as kind of a highlight. I tried to hold that picture in my mind of a color in each corner and a cream highlight in the upper left quadrant, but it was difficult for me to hold that image without losing it as I worked the piece.
I wanted each hexagon to be thoughtfully placed. So, I decided to draw up a quick plan. Above, you can see how I planned Navy, Aqua, Coffee, and Light Blue in the corners, then outlined where I would place lighter shades around the cream.
I think this is the prettiest color combination I’ve ever worked with, although I feel like I say that every time!
And a close-up of the lace. You may know that even though I have written this pattern up, I do a slightly different lace for each blanket. I have to say that I do love this particular lace configuration, and I think I’ll be using it from now on.