A smaller version of this design (36×36″) is a dainty little piece, perfect for a baby shower gift!
- Location: Pennsylvania
- Pattern: Geometric Lace
- Materials: Hobby Lobby “I love this yarn” and Red Heart Super Saver (I buy from knitting-warehouse.com for a softer product!)
- Construction: Hexagons joined as you go, squared off with a dainty lace border
- Similar Pieces: See the main page
- Design Inspiration: Custom color request – Pink, Blue, Green, and Purple – ooh la la!
- Shop this piece: Purdy hexagons and lace at Etsy
I was delighted to be able to make this design in a miniature size because it can look so ornate that way! Smaller hexagon motifs really let the lace border pop.
Finishing this piece in my daughter’s school car-rider line. Gotta love bringing your crochet with you wherever you go.. You never get bored and you never waste time!
I made a couple of adjustments to the border: a larger scallop lace using taller treble crochet stitches instead of double crochet, and a slightly wider presence using an added round of DC, Ch 1. I was going to just do a round of DC like I normally would to add width, but I felt like the plain DC was very clunky looking, while the DC, Ch 1 added to the dainty look.
One thought on “Geometric Lace No. 23”