A lush royal purple border sets off beautiful blooms in this fancy and playful piece.
- Location: Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
- Pattern: Details and pattern info
- Materials: Hobby Lobby “I Love this Yarn” and Caron One Pound “Baby” – Size K (6.5mm) hook
- Construction Features: 3D roses joined in a continuous join-as-you-go formation with dainty Picot Scallop edging (short pattern below)
- Similar Pieces: Babouska Rose
- Design Inspiration: Original at Sewing Daisies blog
- Shop this Blanket: See Babouska Rose or browse other floral pieces in my Etsy Shop!
Here is a layout of color placement. I didn’t end up using this layout because I was out and about when I just decided to join them as I pleased, without a layout. Nature can be quite random, after all!
I fought with a photo filter to even achieve this purple color for the joining… Imagine a royal purple and there you have it. Waiting on my iphone 5S to come in the mail as I selected it for the upgraded camera. Let’s hope it handles purples with more finesse than its predecessors!
Picot Scallop Edging Pattern
After any desired final edge is added, you will work this simple, dainty edge. An SC round is ideal.
*SC, chain 3, SC in first chain of the chain 3, chain 1, skip 2 stitches* repeat…
In the corners, I like to put a whole picot with SC, picot, SC. That way there is a picot in each corner. If you have to fudge a bit at the end of each side, you’ll be fine – for example, skip 1 stitch instead of 2, et cetera.
This photo below shows the best rendering of the purple join without disturbing too much the surrounding colors. I used PicShop photo editor ($4.99, I believe). It has a hue adjustor that does help with purples. Not ideal, but will suffice!