My most popular design, this GeoLace features a bold selection of color with a pretty dark grey lace border.
- Pattern: Geometric Lace (Main Page)
- Materials: Any soft worsted weight yarn with size K (6.5) hook – or your favorite yarn with your favorite hook
- Construction Features: Join-as-you-go hexagons, bordered with scallop lace
- Similar Pieces: Geometric Lace
- Design Inspiration: Geometric Lace No. 3
- Shop this Piece: Etsy
Absolutely cannot believe this is my 20th version of my GeoLace design.
The recipient of this blanket requested that it resemble my 3rd GeoLace, but “with perhaps a bit more green.” 🙂 I tried to carefully match the color placement, and added greens between the aqua and the blue/purple bits. I think it does go very well with the extra green tones.
This piece is 60×76″ – I used worsted weight yarn and a size K (6.5mm) hook. I have heard some folks say that this funky color-way is their favorite, and I do love working with it as well. The colors blend nicely without being too muddy with one another.
“Great art picks up where nature ends.” ~ Marc Chagall Wiki||Biography||Art.com
Flow and movement are important to me in these pieces and I am so pleased with the opposing corners of yellow and aqua. The dark grey border really sets it all off – adding more photos with finished border tomorrow!
2 thoughts on “Geometric Lace No. 20”
Like many other I am sure, these colours are so fabulous. It will be like draping yourself in a rainbow.