Hi everyone! I have so many FOs to show y’all, but I don’t want to bombard you 🙂
Let me just take it one blanket at a time, starting with this awesome Freebie! The first pattern in my Relaxghans series: Unbothered.
Here’s how it began. Just a ton of little Scheepjes Cahlista cutie pies from the Colour Pack (15g balls) – but I also recommend using remnants!
(Side note: bonus life hack – that cardboard box in the photo above that’s housing all my Cahlista remnants?? That’s just the box the Colour Pack came in lol… I cut the top off. That box is strong! Reduce, reuse, recycle, right??)
(Another side note: I released more free squares! Check it out!)
This blanket was all about the Unbothered vibes. Here are 5 ways you can be like me and not be bothered during this project:
- Pick colors at random, not worrying what would look good together. Neons, muted tones, brights, darks… it’s all in there.
- Orient your squares any which way. Stripes vertically? Yep. Stripes horizontally? Yep. Anything goes. I just joined ’em up.
- Join your squares as you go, with a slip stitch. This is by far the JAYG join which requires the least possible effort (IMHO).
- Do not think for more than 30 seconds about your layout. For real. Do not obsess over it. In the end, it’s going to look fantastic, any which way – so why spend the mental energy? Nope.
- Okay this one is for the mega-committed only. If you’re looking to jump into unbotheredness with both feet, then follow my lead: don’t weave ends. Yep. Use Surgeon’s knots or Fisherman’s knots (look them up on YouTube and find a fave!) you’ll never look at finishing the same again. Pure joy.
It’s 2018 – treat yo-self and do more of what you love (and less of what you don’t, am I right??)
Check out my finished blanket, lounging on our homework table. See? It looks great and I spent little to no time on the layout.
And my boy, enjoying his blanket ❤️ This is where the true love comes in. I’m using the Relaxghans series as a way to build a stack of blankets, because even though I have made over 350 blankets since 2012, we literally have 2 crochet blankets in our home. Sad! 😆
Related: blanket stack mania!
Boy hands. Happiness 🙂
So I hope y’all enjoyed this one as much as I did. These blankets are warming my heart like morning oatmeal, and the effortlessness is refreshing. Join me at the end of every month for the pattern releases. ❤️