- Location: Mexico
- Pattern: Geometric Lace
- Materials: Hobby Lobby “I love this yarn” and Red Heart Super Saver (I buy from knitting-warehouse.com for a softer product!)
- Construction: Hexagons joined as you go, squared off with a crisp white lace border that balances the pinks!
- Similar Pieces: See the main page
- Design Inspiration: Custom color request! Pinkalicious monochrome is my new favorite thing 🙂
- Shop this piece: Purdy hexagons and lace at Etsy
The shades that I used for my blanket! I dug out all of my pinks, and removed a couple that were too close in shade since I only had about 40 hexagons to work with in this color-fade piece.
Below is a peek into the messiness that sometimes goes into my color placement. I don’t go from a pre-made “plan” or chart, so occasionally a hex just isn’t where I think it should be when I take a step back from my work.
You can see the light pink hexagon in progress filling in the empty space in the middle of the piece, and that’s there because I had a darker pink in that place which I ended up removing. With the darker pink, it looked a bit like a big blob of dark pink and the lighter shade instead forced a bit more of a blend up to the white corner.
Sometimes if I get “stuck” on placement, I just make a bunch of different shades and leave the joining round incomplete, moving the motifs around the piece until they find their places.
Here my beauty is basking in the sunlight, lounging in my passenger seat. I was working on the lace at my eldest daughter’s Taekwondo practice.
I plan my take-along projects ahead of time so that I can make the most of my time!
Fin! I made a slight change in the border for this one in order to meet my measurements, but it turned out so flirty and cute with the added DC, Ch-1 eyelet round. I love it!