Funky and bright colors make the perfect contrast to the beautiful lace border in this sweet and sassy piece.
- Location: Florida
- Pattern: Free pattern! – Includes several joins and borders!
- Materials: Mostly Hobby Lobby “I love this yarn” – The white background is Lion Brand “Pound of Love, and I have mixed in some New Fashion DK as well – Size K 6.5mm hook
- Dimensions: 36×36″
- Construction: 9″ squares with a lacy join and simple lace border – love!
- Similar Pieces: Textured Circles
- Design Inspiration: Custom request of a bright, funky palette set off by pure white lace!
- Shop this Piece: Etsy!
I had an un-gosh-ly amount of fun making this piece! From the bright color palette to the new lace border pattern, I absolutely adored working this up.
When I make a Textured Circles (can’t believe I’ve made 16 of them!) I start by working all of the center circles for the motifs. Then little by little, I begin advancing the motifs, starting to make them larger and larger, adding onto whichever motif I happen to pick up. Once I get closer to the end, I go ahead and a work the final 3-4 rounds all at once, finishing the squares. I like to work them in a partial assembly fashion because it goes so much faster!
The join that I used here can be found in the free pattern for this blanket. It is like a flat braid join, but with the pointed shell round coming before the braid. The tricky part for this one was working out the edging…
Soon I will write up the pattern for this border. I called it “Playful Lace Scallop edging” I think! It took me a few tries to get it right because when I make an edging, it’s important to me that the parts of the border line up with the motifs themselves so that the whole thing looks more put together.
Soak in these pretty pics! I know I can’t stop looking at them 🙂