For the lover of minimalist, contemporary décor, consider this charming piece. Use all or some of the different block designs to customize!
- Location: New York
- Pattern: My own design – Coming soon! This piece features the Hello Kitty square translated by Amber Renee’
- Materials: Hobby Lobby “I love this yarn” – the pink is “Tropical Pink”
- Construction: Cute block designs crocheted together via my continuous join as you go method
- Similar Pieces: Patchwork designs
- Design Inspiration: Custom color request! Loving this Spring blanket with yellow color based on the afghan in the Stephen King Novel Lisey’s Story
- Shop this piece: My Patchwork designs on Etsy
This piece started with an idea to make a clean and crisp design with a modern flair. I was really inspired by the pink yarn that you see in the photos, because it is such a unique color and very well-suited to this project. It was begging to be missed with some greys.
The original Modern Patchwork blanket did not have any black accents, and as different as they look, I do love both!
Here is a close-up of the border. I chose an updated spin on the traditional granny stitch, and bordered it in that lush pink to drive the boldness home. 🙂
All folded up and ready for shipping!
2 thoughts on “Modern Patchwork No. 2”
Hi can I ask did u do a round of dc (uk) round your solid squares first?.
I’m making a solid granny square blanket with a pixel image but what a granny style border.
Any advice please
I did! I like to do an SC (USA) round around them sometimes depending which joining method I use. I find it makes the final product much neater 🙂