A reboot of the traditional granny square, this piece is extra thick and perfect for plush snuggles.
- Location: Canada
- Pattern: Gelato blanket pattern on Etsy and Ravelry – reverse SC edging
- Materials: Hobby Lobby “I love this yarn”
- Construction: Different size granny squares joined together based on a planned layout – pattern describes joining in detail!
- Similar Pieces: Gelato
- Design Inspiration: Original orange and aqua palette – I have made a couple in these colors! (1) (2)
- Shop this Piece: Gelato on Etsy
I did something different when I constructed this piece. I used a trick that I will certainly be using forever and ever, amen.
Every time two squares of the same size sit side by side, I joined them together first, with a continuous join. Below is a shot of the pieces that I formed using this technique. I saved myself over 100 ends between the two blankets (I made two nearly identical blankets!) and made the blanket more structurally sound. Plus it was plain quicker, too!
Joined up all of the squares and border time!
Fin! Well, imagine this blanket times 2 – haha I’ll upload a pic of both together and add it to the end of this post 🙂